National Wildlife Research Center Archives
About This Database
This database provides descriptions and inventories for collections held by the National Wildlife Research Center (NWRC) Archives. NWRC is a major research facility within the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Wildlife Services program. The Center applies scientific expertise to resolving problems caused by the interaction of wildlife animals and society.
- Use the asterisk (*) wildcard. Example: acid* will return results for acid, acids, acidic, acidobacteria, etc.
- To search by exact phrase, use double quotes around your search query Example: “wildlife damage management”
- Create advanced searches by clicking the "+" button to the right of the date range to add a search row.
- Searches will return collection-level, series-level, and folder- or item-level results, which can be filtered on the right-hand side of the page.
Location, Hours and Access
The archives are located in the National Wildlife Research Center in Fort Collins, CO. The archives are open from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday. For additional information, research requests or to setup a research appointment contact: (970) 266-6021 or email: Sara.J.Szakaly@usda.gov.
- Digital Collections: Digitized content from NWRC's library and archives collections, including images and publications.
- NWRC Archives: Further information about the NWRC Archives.
- NWRC History: StoryMap about NWRC history with information and images from the Archives.
- Library Catalog: Search NWRC’s library catalog.
- Research Gateway: NWRC and Wildlife Services research articles, reports, factsheets, and brochures.